Nick Cave, BDS, and his shows in Tel Aviv, Israel...

Even though I consider myself a huge fan of Nick Cave's work, especially since he inspired most of my music and art for some 25 odd years, and I find his work to be truly inspiring, and even cutting edge... I definitely have a problem with him justifying his shows in Tel Aviv last year....  Roger Waters, Brian Eno, and other BDS(Boycott, Divestments, and Sanctions)activists including Palestinian Artists who belong to the cause urged Nick Cave to sign a list, boycotting Artists playing shows in Tel Aviv, Israel due to their treatment, and silencing of Palestinian Artists, and containing Gaza with border walls, and oppressing Palestinians for 5 decades, while investing in Hasbara(making them look good regardless, of the subjugation of Palestinians, and internal corruption growing in Israel etc)....

Nick Cave made up some bullshit excuse, for doing two sold out shows in Tel Aviv, saying something about being silenced, or bullied by Artists like Roger Waters,, and other activists (who are trying to establish a peaceful protest against Israeli rule of Palestinians), yet Nick Cave refuses to acknowledge the Palestinians being bullied and silenced, etc... I thought about this a lot due to my loyalty to Nick Cave, and his work... I thought a lot about it carefully... Weighed the facts, looked at both sides, and the conclusion I have come up with is that he is totally, and unutterably full of shit, for making up some lame ass excuse for playing Israel.... Roger Waters is right, and I am not even a fan of Pink Floyd, but he is right...Nick Cave is standing with the oppressor, disregarding human rights, and bypassing his morality for the sake of his career.  I can see Nick Cave's point in some ways though, his decision to play Tel Aviv, was an act of rebellion against being told what to do, and what not to do...But Nick, only a weak minded fool plays that game.  I lost total respect for you.... As a huge believer in what he has done with his work, his decision to play Tel Aviv, was a huge disappointment to me.... Because Israel's influence over the Palestinians permeates throughout the whole world... If Israel is oppressive in Israel they are oppressive around the world, and we are all affected.... Zionism has a dark side.... especially me not being a Jew that is.....

Comments

Popular Posts