I Haven't Seen God in a While... (Drinking song 2026)
I haven't seen God in a while...
But my drunk runs free...
In that time I will pray...
And sip the brew gently...
When I pray, I will stay...
And ponder such as my fate..
You can stay far from me...
In such an oblivious state...
God, left me to fend for myself...
Familiars outside, and wait...
Darkness, Yards, Smoking cigars...
Accepting most of my fate...
The animals come and spook me out
And stare straight at my face...
They come close and stare at me..
Into a trance like state...
Spooky as it might seem...
My only comfort is at night...
Where nobody here bothers me,
And no one to hear, or fight...
Money runs dry as can be...
Yes, I am in the hole...
I haven't seen God, our Lord...
Fall right into that hole...
I haven't seen the light of day...
Just the hot baking Sun...
The Sun, a deep Black hole...
My life really isn't that fun...
Stay in bed and I write...
Bring me back to the Sun..
The Sun, a deep Black hole,
My life really ain't fun
No prospects, or opportunities...
No friends, no love... at all...
Just phantom people roaming around...
Not knowing where they're going at all...
No visions, dreams, or fantasies...
Here again I must fall...
I fall asleep darkly,
Waiting for that spiritual call...
Should I yearn for redemption
Because I've been there before...
Just a poetic journey...
And hope love opens the door...
Comments
Post a Comment