My Current State of Affairs (August 2026) by M.D.
When I got my apartments I kept them in order, but after dealing with bullshit landlords, I stopped caring, and kept it a constant workstation, costume space, and drinking room... Clothes are littered everywhere, and since August is humid and sticky, I try to stay in, so my clothes don't get all sweaty, because I can barely afford to do my laundry.... So I try to minimize changing clothes... It's funny when you're dirt poor you have to readapt to cutting corners then you feel like a punk slob... Because your apartment isn't pristine.... Last time I washed my clothes in the sink by hand, then I took them to the laundromat to dry... Also frivolous spending on food is out... Being resourceful, picking up food at the drop offs, food stamps, etc... Also picking up half smokes cigarette butts, when in a pinch... Limiting to cheap vodka... And not going out to eat, or get overpriced coffee, most people can't afford.... Being poor humbles you... But it's not just me... Restaurant, Bar, and coffee culture... Was on it's decline prior to the pandemic, especially since people are rude and anti- social now anyways.... Every day a new nightmare or slight, or hating troublemakers.... I even stopped buying regular coffee, and stick with instant, because I'm too burnt out and lazy to brew gourmet sh*t.... But I'm almost adapted to the new era, where hopefully I can stop smoking eventually, cut down on drinking, because if I meet someone I know would be good company, it makes me drink less, and isolation I drink more.... Xxxooo
Comments
Post a Comment