Mr. Apartment Manager (poem)

From day one since I moved here, 
You clocked me for what you thought I was worth...
A street kid, without a care...
You ignored my life's work,
My achievements, my striving,
My thriving, my fruitful prospering...
You mentioned my drinking,
My swearing of my discontempt for the system,
Using Christianity as a sword of authority
You became my father, of whom I didn't want...
The father who would give me sound advice, 
To conform, denounce celebration,
And value money over love and friendship...
I became your unfinished stone, 
and you became my chisel,
I was clay, and you became my mould...
But I dare say you spit on children,
With your spiritual ego...
God unites,
Satan divides...
Is that why you turned the tenants against me,
Infiltrated my home with bogus house sales,
Tortured me psychologically...

The landlord is your concubine...
His name is a she...
You wore the badge of sobriety as a trophy of honor,
But wait on the sidelines, watching, waiting,
For the drunken man to die...
Spiritual storms blew through my soul,
One after another...
Satanic energy, and waves of attack...
You cast the evil spell...
And as a man of faith, that I am,
I had to survive the illness,
And the injection of venom...
The only antidote was faith and hope...
The struggle finally killed me,
But like the fiery phoenix,
I rose from the ashes,
Renewed... Resurrected...
I became purified...
Through spiritual death,
And reincarnation...
Then I spoke of a murderer,
And that murderer was you...
Amen



Comments

Popular Posts